I made this Pandan Layer Cake for mom last 2 week @“Mother's Day “celebration.
This is the 2nd time I made it
Last weekend i made the 3rd time , my friend order from me the cake after she saw it.
I like Pandan Layer Cake and thought ‘it’, complicated to made it
BUT till I read from a FB friend Soh Pin Tee post….
I try it out and i make it!
Here the 3rd time I made it for my friend as a Birthday Cake for her husband.
Pandan Layer Cake
(Recipe adapted from Soh Pin Tee “Facebook”)
4 egg yolk
60g Corn Oil
1tsp Pandan Paste
90g Superfine Flour
4 egg white
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
1. Mix all the ingredients (A) then sift in flour till all combine.
2. Beat ingredients (B) till stiff.
3. Fold in 1/3 part of beaten egg white into (1) mix well .
4. Add in the remain beaten egg white mix well
5. Pour the mixer into 7” round cake tin.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160C for 35mins.
7. Cool the cake on a wire rack. Slice into 3 equal pieces.
Pandan Jelly Layer
300ml coconut milk
400ml pandan water ( 10pcs pandan leaves + water)
8g Jelly Power
Put the above ingredients in a pot cook it ; stir it till boil.
85g Hoen Kwe flour ( Indonesia green pea flour)
300ml water Method Mix the Hoen Kwe flour with water
Then pour it into the (A) in low heat stir it till The mixture thick & smooth
To assemble pandan layer cake
Use a 8” round cake tin put 2 or 3 scoops of the Pandan Jelly Paste then put in a slice of cake on top the paste. Repeat the rest of Pandan Jelly Paste and cake. After completed all 3 slice , let it cool down and store cake in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.